Text: Proverbs 12:4; 1 Peter 3:1-6; 1 Timothy 2:11, 12
The life of a minister's wife is replete with several multi-faceted functions. She has great roles to play and carries tremendous responsibility in making her family a model, her church growing and reviving and the society feeling the impact of spiritual awakening. As godly, humble, wise and spirit filled woman, she is endowed with God- given intelligence that positions her as a winsome and influential figure in her family, the church and the society.
As a listening woman, she does not attempt to usurp the authority of her husband, but patiently learns from him and plays a supportive role that enhances the success of his ministry. She also listens attentively to the women under her leadership and provides godly counsels for their holistic well-being.
1. Portrait of a Balanced Minister's Wife.
Text: Titus 2:3-5; 1 Peter 3:1-6; Ephesians 5:24; Acts 18:18, 19, 26; Proverbs 12:4
A pastor's wife possesses a godly lifestyle and is endowed with talents and gifts. She is a true example of a virtuous woman. Her lifestyle radiates the following sterling virtues:
1. Unique Christ-likeness. Philippians 2:5
2. Unblameable in character. 1 Thessalonians 2:10
3. Upright with heart circumsion. Deuteronomy 30:6
4. Uncompromising in conduct. Daniel 1:8
5. Useful, spirit-filled and courageous. Acts 6:3
6. Unbending in conviction. Ruth 1:16
7. Uncommon in discipline and consecration. Esther 4:16
2. Productive Responsibilites of a Balanced Pastor's Wife.
Text: Titus 2:3-5; Proverbs 31:10-29; 14:1; Esther 4:16
The pastor's wife is laden with godly responsibilities towards her family and the women ministry in the church. She has a divinely ordained role to be a help-meet to the husband and served as Christ's ambassados among women in the household of faith (2 Corinthians 5:20).
A balanced, prayerful and supportive pastor's wife will promote revival and minister righteousness in the church. Her roles are three-fold: to her nuclear family, the family of God and the society.
A balanced minister's wife should possess sincere love and care (Titus 2:4). She is prudent in managing family resources (Proverbs 19:14). She excels as a home-maker and a home builder (Proverbs 14:1); provides solace and rest at home (Proverbs 31:11, 12); a ready companion of the husband and a calming influence in crises.
She is enterprising, industrious and full of godly wisdom and counsel (Judges 13:20-23). Her intecessory life is unyielding. She has a very strong listening ability and is endowed with great wisdom (James 1:19, 20).
The followings are key responsibilities of a balanced minister's wife:
1. She represents the church and stands for what the church teaches in the women ministry (Titus 2:7).
2. She lives an exemplary life worthy of emulation among the women within and outside the church (1 Timothy 4:12).
3. She organizes and leads women programmes in the church.
4. She encourages evangelism among members by organizing evangelistic activities, e.g. district women crusade (Mark 6:15).
5. She writes and submits reports regularly of women activities in the church (Mark 6:30).
Note: Free registration is still ongoing on the site, but you must upgrade with N2,000 to be able to cashout your earnings every Friday of the week)